DRDA is an apex organization, implementing various centrally sponsored rural development programs of Ministry Of Rural Development, Govt. Of India . These programs are categorized as under
These programs are aimed at alleviation of poverty of families living below poverty line by providing them self-employment and wage-employment and also by development of natural resources like, land, water and vegetation. Self-employment programs, through a package, help a family to cross the poverty line within three years. Wage-employment programs help a poor family to earn wages, those who are in need of work. Area development programs help in conservation of natural resources and raising their productivity through their optimum use.
The programs are as detailed below
1. Swarna Jayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana (SGSY) : Swarna Jayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana (SGSY): This is a restructured programm w.e.f. 01-04-1999. Under this program the families below poverty are given assistance for taking up self-employment ventures in order to cross poverty line within next 3 years.
2. Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojana (JGSY): The erstwhile Jawahar Rozgar Yojana has been restructured and named as JGSY. The main objectives of the programmed are:-
a. Creation of Community Durable Productive assets/infrastructure at village level and creation of productive assets exclusively for SC/ST for sustained employment.
b. Generation of supplementary employment to the unemployed poor.
3. Indira Awas Yojana(IAY): Under the program houses a cost of Rs.20,000/- are constructed for the families having no shelter and living below poverty line. W.e.f. 01-04-1999, one more component i.e. upgradation of unserviceable houses has been introduced. Rs.10,000/- will be given for upgradation which will include smokeless chulha and a toilet. 20% of the total allocation under the program will be spent on this component. A house will include dwelling unit along with kitchen, smokeless chulha and a toilet.
4. Credit-cum-Subsidy Scheme of Rural Housing (CCSSRH): This is a new scheme, introduced w.e.f. 01-04-1999. A family upto a income of Rs.32,000/- p.a. will be eligible to get a bank loan of upto Rs. 40,000/- and subsidy upto Rs.10,000/-
5. Employment Assurance Scheme(EAS): This is an ambitious wage employment and need based programme introduced from 01-11-1993 and restructured w.e.f. 01-04-1999. The objectives of the programme are as under:-
a. The primary objective is creation of additional wage employment opportunities during the period of acute shortage of wage employment through manual work for the rural poor living below poverty line.
b. The secondary objective is the creation of durable community, social and economic assets for sustainable employment and development
6. Desert Development Program (DDP): The program of watershed development on the basis of watershed common guidelines was started in the district w.e.f. 01-04-1995. The objectives of the program are as under:-
To promote the economic development of the Village community.
To encourage the restoration of ecological balance
Special emphasis to improve the economic and social condition of the resource poor.
जिला रेड क्रॉस सोसायटी
Following welfare activities are carried out by the society in the district:
Ambulance facility : Ambulance services (from GH) are provided free of cost to poor and orphan patients otherwise Rs.3.50 per KM are charged for 24 hours.
Health checkup and Health awareness : Red Cross have one Medical Officer and one District Training Officer who provide health knowledge by organizing the health checkup camps.
Immunization Programme : Immunization & family welfare schedules are executed by ANMs twice a week.
AIDS Awareness Camp : has been started.
Junior Red Cross : In 106 School (govt/non govt) in the district has established Junior Red Cross wing which function in the following areas
Participation in Pulse polio etc
Touring of students
Publication of magzine
Health checkup of student
Eye checkup of students
Drug awareness camp
Training on traffic rules
Natural Calamities & Accident: Help is provided to the victims of Natural Calamities & Accident cases in terms of medical facilities,money and other related material.
Family Planning Programme: Tubectomy and Vesectomy camps are organized every month.